2012년 2월 10일 금요일

Edit Submission: Assignment 2 - Photo Manipulation Assignment


Today the quality of photograph has been improved and many editing tools make the photographs more interesting and beautiful. Before I start I want to say that this is my first time to editing the pictures and because of this course I am glad that I am learning new skill to editing some picture.
For this assignment I used the pictures that I took last few month ago during the winter break. First picture was taken by me at my friend’s house during the birthday party and I realized that the view was very awesome in the sunrise setting

                              Before                                                                      After










  
The editing concept that I focused on in this picture was to present it in a sepia primitive Polaroid style that imitated an olden day version of Toronto. There were several steps involved in the process of creating this theme. The step by step process is summarized below. 

Step one: I adjusted the picture by cropping out the modernized building while twisting the angle of the picture to give it an artistic touch for presentation purposes.

Step two: I applied the warm colored setting to give it a softer feel, and then I proceeded to set the mode to sepia as to enhance the historic theme.  

Step three: To allow the picture to come across as an authentic (non-digitalized) one I decided to apply the Polaroid theme.

The next picture I decided to edit and present was taken from my veranda during the night as can be seen; the view is very beautiful during the dark hours as the various lights create a beautiful feel, I personally prefer it to the daytime view. The reason I chose to edit this specific photo is because is because it’s versatility, There are many amazing themes and setting that can be applied to it that brings out many different feelings and moods. I chose the neon theme because it is very suggestive and simplified, many details has been reduced while exaggerating the structures of the building to bring it alive. The colors were automatically reduced in number when the setting was applied this is what gave it its simplified yet exciting feel to it.

    
Before


                                                                  After


The steps used to edit this photo was very simple, below is a step by step walkthrough of the process.

Step one: I adjusted the picture enabling it to looks brighter.

Step two: I applied the neon setting to the picture.

Step three: I changed the pictures color to red. 

I enjoyed using Picasa3; it is an impressive, unique, easy to use program with many modernized and innovative features. I recommend it to anyone interested in modern/digitalized photography. I also learned how to edit pictures to accommodate any theme I envisioned. I will continue to use it moving forward for my own personal development and benefits.

댓글 1개: