2012년 4월 8일 일요일

Virtual assignment


Take at least five photographs inspired or in the same style as a photographer by your choice and write 600 words explaining the similarities, or why you took the photos in a particular way. You should explain the most important aspects of the work of the photographer you have chosen.



For this photography virtual assignment, I choose to take five pictures that inspired by particular cityscapes and architectural photographer by name of Andrew Prokos. As I was looking at the pictures taken by him, I realized that I and Andrew Prokos have both similarities. We both like to takes pictures of cityscapes and architectural, here are some of the pictures from Andrew Prokos. These pictures are based in New York City, and starting from the first picture which is a view from the Midtown Manhattan at twilight seen from Queens Park. The reason why I chose this picture was when I looked at this picture I was little bit shocked, because what he had was very similar to what I have had. We both took picture from the lake side during the twilight and by the time when I took that picture I was at Toronto Island, which is very similar to Andrew Prokos (he was at Queens Park which is little island located in Manhattan). Another similarities is the if you compare those two photo you realize that both picture has cloud and sun is directing same spot which makes more identical photo.

                                            Manhattan Lake View


                                                        Cn Tower Lake View

When I was working on this assignment, I noticed that Toronto and Manhattan have very similar cityscape, they both located nearby the water and the architecture of their buildings is similar.  I never been to New York City but I have a feeling that Manhattan is just like Toronto. Here is a second photograph by Andrew Prokos

Those two pictures are specialized in architectural, left picture is from Andrew Prokos, a view of the architectural of lower Manhattan at night, New York City, compare to my picture which is right side that was taken from King street, they are both surrounded by tall building and looks like many people were still working. The reason why I took this picture is by this time I was looking at the sky, waiting for the lightning to strike and so I can take a picture of lightning between the two buildings, but I couldn’t, the lightning happened so quickly and I have decided to take the buildings rather than lightning.


Andrew Prokos
        
                                                                     Picture from me


The final photography is also architectural. Both of them are very similar structure in terms of their appearance. First picture is captured from Andrew Prokos at Denver Art Museum, and when I looked at this photo, I thought it was a Royal Ontario Museum, because a Royal Ontario Museum looks just same as the Denver Art Museum.

                                                                    
                                                              Denver Art Museum

Royal Ontario Museum

What inspired me of these images was photography with different angles can make similar picture. Moreover, the process he used to turn something normal and functional into totally different and makes even more interesting. This made me look the pictures carefully and give me an opportunity to take pictures in different angles.
 
Photography is very vast and can be perceived in different ways. Andrew Prokos inspired and made me look at cityscapes and architectural in different ways.

Referances:





댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기